Study Day – West Midlands
Chaplaincy as mission – a challenge to the Church
With Revd Dr Victoria Slater, author of, ‘Chaplaincy Ministry and the Mission of the Church’ (SCM Press 2015)
This annual day conference, run by the WCM UK West Midlands Region, on Tuesday March 7th 2017, from 10.00 am – 3.30 p.m. is at The Ark, St Laurence Church, Alvechurch B48 7SB (near J2 of the M42 south of Birmingham)
All welcome. Please contact Dick Johnson by email, or phone 07946 655450 to book a place. Cost for the day, including lunch, £10.
Full information here WCM UK (West Midlands) AGM and Day Meeting March 7th 2017
Workers Memorial Day Friday April 28th 2017
The 2017 theme is “Good health and safety for all workers whoever they are”
Workers’ Memorial Day is set up to: “remember the dead: fight for the living” and is commemorated throughout the world.
To find a listing of events near you visit the special pages on the TUC website.
- If nothing is happening then get together with some of your workmates or others in the area where you work and organise something. It can be a commemorative rally, a workplace meeting or just a small get-together;
- Organise a minute’s silence in your workplace on the day;
- Ask your local council, or any other public body, to fly official flags at half-mast on the day. Remember that the day is officially recognised by the government;
- Arrange an event such as planting a memorial tree in a public place, putting up a plaque, dedicating a sculpture, a piece of art, or a bench, to remember workers who have been killed at the workplace or in the community;
- Distribute purple ‘forget-me-not’ ribbons, the symbol of Workers Memorial Day