We offer either INDIVIDUAL membership or TEAM membership
The vast majority of our members join via their local chaplaincy team. A team offers the advantage of local support, guidance and encouragement.
We also have several members who are now retired from being active, in the workplace chaplains, but who continue to offer support to our network.
Benefits of Membership
- editions of our regular Newsletter
- invitation to join seminars, events, conferences and training
- access to the members section of the website with resources to support and enhance your chaplaincy
- insurance cover for workplace chaplaincy – public liability and employers liability cover. (Details below)
- and the chance to be part of a network of more than 500 chaplains across the UK.
The individual membership fee is just £20:00 for 12 months.
To become an individual member of Workplace Chaplaincy Mission UK download the Membership Form below, fill it in and send it back to our membership secretary, Dick Johnson.
The form also serves as a consent form to allow WCM UK to store and use personal data to communicate with members and run the network. The form contains full details of how we care for and use your data under the Data Protection Act 2018.
We also invite you to increase the value of your membership fee by 25%, at no extra cost to yourself, by allowing WCM UK to claim Gift Aid. You will need to be able to say “Yes” to the Gift Aid statements on the Membership Form in order to do this.
Please could you download the Form, sign, print and complete it and return it either by post, or by a returning a scan by email.
If you are considering joining as an individual, you may first wish to browse and see if there are any local workplace chaplaincy teams operating in your location. Please follow the link below to view where our teams are based and links to their websites.
If you are a chaplain through a local team, your membership will be organised via your team leader. Teams can either opt to join as:
* A FULL team, where each team member has the same benefits as an individual member. This is is frequent option for smaller teams.
* An AFFLIATED team. This is a cheaper option and is often the option chosen by large teams, who have no need of the inclusive third party insurance cover, as they already have their own. Contact with team members is entirely through the team leaders, as WCM UK do not hold details of Affiliated team members.
SAFEGUARDING POLICY and HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
For Workplace Chaplaincy Mission UK team membership, and cover from our Public Liability Insurance, we require Chaplaincy teams to have an appropriate Safeguarding Policy and Health & Safety Policy, and that they adhere to it.